The Apollo-3 is a short tube variant of the Apollo, the Apollo-3 offers a shorter, lighter package for easier mooring. The Apollo-3 operates in the same manner as the standard long-tube Apollo, however due to the smaller enclosure, requires three Saft LSH20 Size D 3.6V Lithium batteries with a nominal voltage of 10.8V. Like its larger counterpart, the Apollo-3 has a depth rating of 11,000 meters.
- 28.23 cm x 5.08 cm diam.
- 1839g in air, 1264g in water
- 11,000m depth rating
- Iridium/LED Comms
- 3 D-cell Lithium batteries
- Deployment time: 547 days below the surface
- 51 days at the surface (hourly position messages)
- Bluetooth Low Energy (BTLE)