The XMI-X is an independently powered, self-contained GPS Iridium recovery beacon designed for tracking and monitoring high value assets in the ocean. The XMI-X makes use of the bi-directional, global, real time Iridium Satellite Short Burst Data (SBD) network in combination with GPS position location. The solid-state conductivity sensor is triggered when the XMI-X surfaces and immediately begins sending location messages as per the user enabled settings.
The XMI-X’s tubular design allows it to be easily mounted onto any ocean asset and is intended for subsurface deployments up to 11,000 m below sea level.
The XMI-X is compatible with XeosOnline monitoring software, providing easy monitoring of all your assets in one location. Users can monitor incoming messages, track their assets on the mapping tool, send commands to configure their beacons, and much more!
- 48.26 cm L x 5.08 cm D head & 2.90 cm D tube
- 1294g in air, 911g in water
- Iridium 9603 SBD communications
- 2-way command & control
- Bluetooth app available for easy setup
- 6 AA batteries
- 11,000 m depth rating
- Pressure tolerant titanium & glass enclosure
- Enters low power sleep mode when underwater
- Deployment example: 2 years underwater, 20 days at the surface (hourly GPS messages)