Get notification of the Apollo's arrival at the surface from anywhere on earth via the Iridium Low Earth Orbit satellite communication system. Once you arrive on site, you will get unparalleled visibility even in the worst conditions.
Apollo is fully submersible and has been rated to 11,000m (36,089 ft) below sea level. That includes Challenger deep. A solid-state sensor detects when the beacon breaks the surface of the water and provides a measure of reliability unavailable in mechanical methods. The Apollo provides superior functionality and flexibility in a miniaturized package.
The Apollo is designed to meet and exceed your operational requirements for an ultra deep water submersible beacon. The LED flasher and Iridium communication provides the best in global and local retrieval options.
- 53.02 cm L x 5.08 cm diam (20.875" L x 2" diam)
- 3637g in air, 2562g in water
- Iridium communications
- LED light for enhanced visibility
- Bluetooth Low Energy (BTLE) for easy setup
- 1 Cell, 3 Cell, & 7 D-Cell Lithium batteries
- Deployment time: 547 days below the surface, 65 days at the surface (hourly position messages)
- Microprocessor controlled, Ultra-bright LED available in multiple colour options
- Iridium transceiver for 2-way command & control
- Miniaturized design in Grade 9 Titanium and glass enclosure
- Long lasting operational life
- Flexible activation options: Reed switch, tilt switch for turtling applications & solid state sensor switch